Are you having a hard time figuring out how to celebrate your daughter’s 18th birthday? It may be difficult, especially if you don’t know where to start. You might also get torn between planning the party with your daughter or making it a surprise event. No matter what you choose from these two, you need to make sure that the party will be a memorable one. Instead of imposing your dream theme, it’s best to ensure that everything will be about your child. Her personality and interests should be your priority before deciding on how you will celebrate her special day.
Brilliant Ways to Celebrate this Event
Turning 18 seems to be just another occasion for some people. However, as a parent, you sometimes want to celebrate it differently for your child. Keep in mind that the 18th birthday, especially for daughters, is a huge milestone for your child. It officially marks adulthood, which means a lot of things for your daughter. Thus, you need to think of ways to ensure that you can make the celebration as unique as possible. Here are some useful suggestions you can consider celebrating the event:
- Decide what type of party to throw—Depending on your child’s personality, you can choose whether to throw a big event or an intimate one. If she loves parties and big crowds, you can start planning a big celebration for her. You can book a beautiful venue and hire a party planner to assist you with the process. If your child doesn’t want to be the center of attention or is likely an introvert, it’s best to make the event as intimate as possible.
- Invite her closest friends—Regardless of the type of event that you want to throw for her, make sure that her closest friends will attend her party. Inform her best friends and other people who your daughter will likely want to see on her birthday.
- Pick a theme that best suits your child’s preferences—You can have an “Under the Sea” theme and prepare beautiful invitations with a mermaid stamp on it. Or you can go for a pajama party theme. It depends on what your daughter will likely want. It shouldn’t be about how you want the party to look. It should be all about your child’s preferences.
- Take lots of photos—You can hire a professional photographer so that you can capture all the precious moments during the party. This way, your daughter will have a lovely time looking back at the wonderful time she had during the party.
- Prepare a memorable gift—Don’t forget to have a memorable gift for your daughter. If you are tight on budget, throwing a party may be difficult. If you want, you can simply buy her a memorable present. It can be material things, but it can also be a gift of experience. You can also include useful advice that she can use in life.
Aside from throwing a beautiful party for your daughter, inform her about the new changes in her life. You should explain to her that she can experience additional privileges as an adult. That includes having the right to open her own credit card account, sign contracts, get licenses, and own a property. She can also make decisions without asking for consent from you. She can decide to move out and do whatever she wants. Make sure to guide her so that she won’t make reckless and bad decisions in the future. Make her realize the responsibilities that a real adult should do.