August is coming to an end and it’s time to get started if you want to participate in Write Club 2011, my guest post competition. The idea is to write a guest post that will appear here on my blog, and the rules are simple:
- Blog posts have to be 1000 words or less. They can include photos if you own the rights to them and send them in a suitable format.
- Your topic has to be within the gardening/ environment/ sustainable living genre, but feel free to write about things I don’t normally cover, because that’s part of the point.
- Do not be rude. No swearing, no libel, no inflammatory comments. This is a friendly place, don’t upset people. It will be me that has to deal with the fallout.
- Carrying on from 3), I reserve the right to refuse to publish your submission. Hopefully if that happens we can work on an acceptable version together, but at the end of the day if we can’t then you don’t get to play.
- If you’re submitting a guest post to this blog then it has to be your own work, and it can’t have been featured anywhere else online before (Google frowns on duplicate content). DO NOT COPY other people’s work; I will be checking for plagiarism and pre-existing work before I accept your entry.
I will post each entry as I receive them (I am hoping for one a day, but we will have to see!), without editing, between 1st September and 30th September 2011. At the end of the month the winner will be the guest post that has received the most reader interest – calculated by the tally of comments/ FB likes/ Tweets and Google+ votes (according to the buttons in the sidebar).
Email entries to email@example.com with the subject line “Write Club”.
There are three prizes on offer:
- To the highest-rated UK-based entry, a Rocket Gardens voucher for a Large Herb Garden.
- If the overall winner is based outside the UK then I will send a signed copy of my book, as Rocket Gardens don’t deliver overseas.
- Every reader who leaves a comment on one of the guest posts during September will be entered into a draw to win one of the gardening books from my shelf. One comment per guest post per person will count as an entry into the draw.
I will sort out the winners at the beginning of October.
If you have any questions then ASK! You may wish to read the original competition announcement and my writing prompts before you begin. Submission of an entry does not guarantee publication on the blog.
The first post has yet to be submitted, so you could be first in the queue!